Curzon Cinema & Arts is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, it’s personal, and we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our audience members and supporters, as well as each visitor who uses the Curzon website.
Aside from helping us deliver truly exceptional performances and events, the information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalized and rewarding experience e.g. by signing up to our Newsletter you’ll get information about screenings, events and news that may interest you.
Curzon (Clevedon) Community Centre for the Arts (‘the Curzon Cinema & Arts’) is a charitable company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 3238712) Charity Registered (Number 1058389). The Curzon is the data controller of your personal information. The Curzon Community Cinema Ltd. Is the Trading Arm of the Charity
Contact details for the Curzon Cinema
46 – 48 Old Church Road
By phone +44 (0)1275 879115 or you can message us via our website firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email: Susannah.email@example.com or by phone: +44 (0)1275 879115
You can choose whether to provide the information listed below, should you choose not to, then the Curzon Cinema & Arts may not be able to provide you with the full range of services that we have to offer.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information & Why
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing tickets online, over the phone or in person or it could be where you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how our audience use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience whether you’re booking tickets or just trying to find out more about our latest productions.
We collect information in a number of ways, which are listed below:
- When you buy a ticket through our website, www.curzon.org.uk. You are able to do the following:
Buy tickets, gift certificates or packages of tickets
Make a donation
You can also
Contact us by phone to book tickets.
Book tickets in person at the box office.
Contact us by post, e.g. application forms for Volunteering.
- When you visit www.curzon.org.uk the Curzon’s web server automatically records your public internet protocol (‘IP’) address and also generates a log file.
3. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this for example, may limit the level of personalization we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you would have loved to have attended.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you purchase tickets or other items from us online, by post or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction.
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
When you use our website or app to pre-order tickets, we collect:
- Prefix and name
- Contact phone number
- Email address
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Third Party Organizations
We may combine information you have given to us with information available from external sources. This will only be done when you give permission to the relevant third party organizations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones: to provide a service you have requested; offer you a personalized experience; understand our audience’s needs better; inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (e.g. programme cancellation).
Specifically, we use your information in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil ticket, merchandise, donation and membership requests.
- Process payments. Please note that the Curzon Cinema & Arts does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed.
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
- Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, reminding you of an upcoming performance you’ve booked for or letting you know about programme changes or building works that may affect your visit.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about supporting us.
- Email you about a specific topic you’ve requested to hear more on such as our programme, volunteering or other projects.
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- To help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- Undertake consumer research: we may contact you to ask you to participate in consumer research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, the Curzon Cinema will inform you how any further information will be used.
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our artistic output, our website and our other products.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
For a small number of our audience, where we want to better understand people’s engagement with the Curzon Cinema and their potential interest in supporting us further:
Before contacting a small number of individuals we may seek additional information including Curzon Cinema booking and connections, business network information and publicly available information relating to: residential location, wealth and assets, family*, career, donations to other organizations (including political parties where they are made public by the individual) and hobbies and interests to create a profile of their interests and preferences. This helps us understand the background of the people who may choose to support us and helps us to make requests for gifts to those who may be able and willing to give. We may also use publicly sourced images to help identify individuals who attend our special events. For further information on applied data please see the table below.
- This does not include information about children unless given personally or made public by the individual concerned.
We use a number of different sources to aid us in our fundraising activities, including newspaper websites and archives, housing market websites and the electoral roll as well as official websites of companies, charities and other arts organisations. In addition to general use of the internet we also make use of company, director and shareholder information from publicly available, officially registered information providers, such as the below organizations:
5. How we handle your Information and other Organizations
The Curzon Cinema will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with like-minded arts organizations whose shows you will have seen here at the Curzon Cinema or in collaboration with us at another venue.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for the Curzon Cinema enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of the Curzon Cinema for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
- Other organisations such as competition organizers if you choose to take part in such activities that need administration by third parties and you choose to opt in for contact from those organizations.
- The Curzon Cinema does not use third party advertising.
- Where required to do so (for example, if required to do so by the ‘know your donor’ principles under charity law or a court order), or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities
The Curzon Cinema is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.curzon.org.uk and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
6. How We Protect Your Data
The Curzon Cinema is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use e.g. your online account is encrypted and our own network is protected.
The Curzon Cinema may transfer your data to the USA to organizations such as Facebook, Google or MailChimp. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations that are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information.
Our ticket booking system will hold your information (name, email address and in some cases, telephone numbers) for up to 14 days after the ticketed event and is subsequently purged. This information is held in encrypted form, and the booking system has no authorisation to use this data in any way other than to facilitate the transaction and see it through to its completion.
If we have collected your contact information in other ways, we will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for instance, if you have asked to receive information about children’s workshops, we shall keep that information for up to 3 years, whereas if you have pledged a legacy to the Curzon Cinema, we will hold your details until notified by your executors. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Manager using the contact details outlined in this notice.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
7. Your Choices
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, by contacting the Data Protection Officer. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time you have the right to ask the Curzon Cinema to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details below.
You have the right to get information held about you by us corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the below contact details.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +44 (0)1275 879115
By post: The Curzon Cinema & Arts, 46 – 48 Old Church Road, N. Somerset, BS21 6NN
This notice was updated on 19 May 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at the Curzon Cinema or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.