Stream With Us
Discover new and exciting film from home. We are teaming up with a variety of different distributors, and have hand picked a variety of quality films to keep you entertained. 50% of your ticket will go to the Curzon to ensure we’ll come back!
Browse our selection of films and read our FAQs below.
Working with rising and established talent from around the world, Modern Films bring a particular emphasis on pressing the social issues of our time through the power of cinema and cultural expression.
Leading the way in the world of documentary, Dogwoof’s back catalogue of award winning films include such notable features as Free Solo, The Act of Killing and Blackfish.
Do you have to subscribe to a service to watch?
There is no subscription needed. Each title is available to watch individually. You will need to enter information such as name, email address and card details in order to purchase your film.
How long do you have to watch your chosen film?
Our films have a 48 hour playback window. You will be sent an email receipt after purchasing, if you are not able to watch the film straight away you can watch the film through a link in this email. Make sure to check your Junk folder if the email isn’t immediately visible.
How to watch on your TV?
As long as you have a laptop and a TV with a HDMI port you can connect your laptop to your TV with a HDMI cable connecting the two.
- Make sure your computer is close enough to your Television for the HDMI cable to reach between them safely.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the HDMI input number it is being connected to.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your laptop’s HDMI out port
- Set the TV to the HDMI Input port that the computer is connected to using the source or display button on your TV remote.
- If your computer’s display does not automatically appear on your television screen, you may need to have the computer manually detect the display.
- Windows: Right-click on the desktop > Display Settings > Click Detect > Click the “Multiple displays” drop-down box and select “Duplicate these displays”) > Click Apply.
- Mac: Go to the Apple Menu > choose System Preferences > Choose the “Displays” panel > Hold down the “Option” key to show the “Detect Displays” button – note that it replaces the ‘Gather Windows’ button > Click on “Detect Displays” while holding down Option to use the function as intended.
Other ways to cast to a Smart TV are…