35mm Kalee 7
Catalogue number 36
First built in 1925 for the newly formed Kalee company (formerly a New Century collaboration). It differed from earlier Kalee models (5’s &6’s) in the construction of its gears and lubrication system. Built as a silent projector it was easily adapted to take the new optical heads. It was equipped with the Vitaphone sound on disc at around 1928 but up-graded to optical sound though the date is not known.
It is a precursor to the ever popular Kalee 8 which succeeded it. This Kalee 7 found fame with its sister in being installed during WW2 in Williton House near the entrance to Bletchley Park (Station X) in what was Winston Churchill’s private cinema. He was a known as a great film buff as well as a leader